A curve wrapped around a torus with its TNB-frame and osculating circles.
Please let me know if you find any errors
NOTE: Maple 2020 changed the way its menus were organized. Some old sheets say "Edit->Execute->Worksheet"
to show answers. In Maple 2020, choose "Evaluate->Entire Worksheet" (select the "Evaluate" menu and choose "Entire Worksheet")
to run the computations.
- A few helpful tips for doing linear algebra in Maple: (.mw) and (.pdf)
- Gaussian Elimination "Graphically" -- we graph each step of Gaussian elimination for a system
of 2 equations in 2 unknowns (.mw)
(.html) -- this is problem 1.1.79 in Elementary Linear Algebra
by Larson et. al. (5th ed.).
- Modeling a Ski Jump (.mw) and (.html).
→ Old Math 1120 homeworks and answer keys
→ Old Math 2130 homeworks and answer keys
In the following worksheets, problem numbers refer to William E. Boyce and Richard C. DiPrima's
"Elementary Differential Equations" (8th ed.) ISBN 0-471-43339-X.
- Initial Value Problems and Slope Fields: (.mws) and (.html)
- Modeling a Ball thrown into the air with air resistance (Problem 22 in Section 2.3): (.mws) and (.html)
- Modeling a sky diver with air resistance (Problem 23 in Section 2.3): (.mw) and (.html)
- Euler's Method and Backwards Euler's Method for approximating solutions of first order ODEs: (.mw) and (.html)
- Euler's and Backwards Euler's Methods (Problem 2 in Section 8.1): (.mw) and (.html)
- Plots of direction fields in phase planes: (.mw) and (.html)
- Unit circles/spheres in different metrics: (.mw) and (.html)